News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 21:03
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Donald Trump has threatened to revoke Rosie O'Donnell's US citizenship

    The US President has been involved in a long-running feud with the 63-year-old comedian and has now branded her a "threat to humanity" in his latest barb after she criticised his administration's handling of the catastrophic floods in Texas that have left over 120 people dead


    Trump posted on his Truth Social platform on Saturday (12.07.25): "Because of the fact that Rosie O'Donnell is not in the best interests of our Great Country, I am giving serious consideration to taking away her Citizenship. She is a Threat to Humanity, and should remain in the wonderful Country of Ireland, if they want her."

    O'Donnell is a staunch critic of Trump - moving to Ireland earlier this year after the politician secured a second term in the White House - and described him as a "dangerous old soulless man with dementia" in her social media riposte to his threat, which is constitutionally impossible.

    The talk show host wrote on Instagram: "The president of the USA has always hated the fact that I see him for who he is - a criminal con man sexual-abusing liar out to harm our nation to serve himself.

    "This is why I moved to Ireland - he is a dangerous old soulless man with dementia who lacks empathy, compassion, and basic humanity."

    Rosie continued: "I stand in direct opposition (to) all he represents - so do millions of others - u gonna deport all who stand against ur evil tendencies - ur a bad joke who can't form a coherent sentence (sic)."

    The star's feud with Trump began when she was a panellist on The View during the 2000s and she explained that she had "no regrets" about leaving the US for Ireland with her youngest daughter Clay, 12.

    O'Donnell told the Huffington Post: "I have no regrets. I do say to myself sometimes, 'What are the chances that the one guy I exposed for being a misogynist and sexist pig on The View would become the president of the United States, and would still be hung up on the fact that I told the truth about him?' I think to myself, 'Boy, my life would be easier if this hadn't happened.'"

    She added: "I also think to myself, 'Why me? With the president of the United States going after me, calling me fat, ugly, unsexy, disgusting, gay, liberal pig for 20 years...? And to have the people who follow him feel emboldened to say thing to me, sometimes, as well. Is that something I'd wish on anybody? It's really not."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17

    Rugby:
    Damning claims from a former Welsh rugby international about New Zealand Rugby Players Association boss Rob Nichol 16:07

    Rugby:
    22-year-old hooker Jack Taylor is hoping to replicate Southland rugby greats of years gone by when they tackle Waikato in their Ranfurly Shield NPC contest in Hamilton this afternoon 15:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd