News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 6:54
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The Prince and Princess of Wales are "deeply concerned" by the ongoing revelations from the Epstein files

    Prince William is to make his first official visit to Saudi Arabia on Monday (09.02.26) and ahead of the high-profile trip, he has released his first statement addressing the scandal, including claims about his uncle Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's friendship with late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, such as allegations he shared sensitive information with the disgraced financier from his role as a UK trade envoy, and that his pal sent a second woman to the UK for a sexual encounter with him.


    A spokesperson for William and his wife Catherine told media: "I can confirm The Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations. Their thoughts remain focused on the victims."

    The Epstein files are a collection of documents - including interviews with witnesses and victims, emails and items confiscated from Epstein's properties - which have been made public by the United States Department of Justice.

    Andrew - who has denied any wrongdoing - was stripped of his title and royal provileges by his brother, King Charles, last October, and is now living in exile on the Sandringham Estate due to the scandal.

    The king's spokesman said at the time: "These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him.

    "Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse."

    Andrew - who had stepped back from public life in 2019 in the wake of an interview on UK TV show Newsnight, in which he defended his friendship with Epstein - said in his own statement: "In discussion with The King, and my immediate and wider family, we have concluded the continued accusations about me distract from the work of His Majesty and the Royal Family.

    "I have decided, as I always have, to put my duty to my family and country first. I stand by my decision five years ago to stand back from public life.

    "With His Majesty's agreement, we feel I must now go a step further. I will therefore no longer use my title or the honours which have been conferred upon me. As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me."

    Last week, the 65-year-old former prince's younger brother, Prince Edward, pledged his support to Epstein's victims.

    The Duke of Edinburgh told CNN: "I think it's really important, always, to remember the victims, and who are the victims in all this? A lot of victims in this."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Stephen 'tWitch' Boss's widow Allison Holker has got engaged
     16 Feb: Steven Spielberg has donated $25,000 to help James Van Der Beek's family
     16 Feb: Michelle Obama got 10 new ear piercings in one sitting
     16 Feb: Margot Robbie has credited Rachel McAdams with helping her land all her major roles
     16 Feb: Daisy Lowe is pregnant with her second child
     16 Feb: Ashley Roberts wrongly announced Dick Van Dyke had died instead of James Van Der Beek
     16 Feb: Jesy Nelson's petition with Parliament, to demand all newborn babies born in the UK are tested for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), will receive a response from the UK government after it was signed more than 66,000 times
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Super Rugby referee clanger in round one More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Now's the time to buy for those looking to get on the property ladder More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Stephen 'tWitch' Boss's widow Allison Holker has got engaged 6:27

    Rugby League:
    New Zealand Rugby League boss Greg Peters claims Kiwis can only benefit from the changes to State of Origin eligibility 6:07

    International:
    Former FBI agents say looking closer at Nancy Guthrie's social circle may be key to finding her 23:07

    Entertainment:
    Steven Spielberg has donated $25,000 to help James Van Der Beek's family 21:57

    Business:
    Now's the time to buy for those looking to get on the property ladder 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Michelle Obama got 10 new ear piercings in one sitting 21:27

    Environment:
    Weather warnings are set to fade away tonight 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Margot Robbie has credited Rachel McAdams with helping her land all her major roles 20:57

    Entertainment:
    Daisy Lowe is pregnant with her second child 20:27

    General:
    How cheating allegations have rocked the curling teams at the Olympics 20:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd