News | Entertainment
23 Feb 2026 11:12
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Carrie Underwood has recalled the “long hard road” to giving birth to her second child

    The 37-year-old singer marked her second son Jacob’s second birthday on Friday (22.01.21) with a sweet Instagram post, in which she reflected on the painstaking journey it took for her and her husband, Mike Fisher, to finally welcome him into the world


    Carrie – who is also mother to five-year-old Isaiah – endured three miscarriages in between welcoming her two sons, and said in her Instagram post that she had “prayed” for Jacob’s safe arrival.

    She wrote alongside a picture of her son when he was newly born: “Jacob, we longed for you. We prayed for you. We walked a long, hard road in order to one day hold you. Today you are two. You are silly and strong. You love to play and sing and follow your big brother around. You are loved. You are cherished. You are an incredible blessing from God. Happy birthday, sweet boy! (sic)”

    The ‘Before He Cheats’ hitmaker previously opened up on her experience with miscarriages before Jacob’s birth, when she said she struggled with confronting her feelings of grief.

    She said at the time: "I have this amazing life. Like, really, what can I complain about? I can't. I have an incredible husband, incredible friends, an incredible job, an incredible kid. Can I be mad? No... and I got mad.

    "Mike was away just for the evening, and I texted him, and I was like, 'I don't really want to be alone, so I'm just gonna go snuggle with Isaiah.’ And I don't know how I didn't wake him up, but I was just sobbing. And I was like, 'Why on Earth do I keep getting pregnant if I can't have a kid? Like, what is this? Shut the door. Like, do something. Either shut the door or let me have a kid.'”

    Days later, Carrie said she visited her doctor to "confirm" what she thought would be "another miscarriage”, but was instead told her pregnancy was healthy.

    She recalled: "[I told God], 'You heard me.' Not that He hasn't in the past. But maybe, I don't know, He heard me."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     23 Feb: Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce
     22 Feb: James Van Der Beek was a "great leader on set", according to Algee Smith
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been "released under investigation"
     22 Feb: Khloe Kardashian would "want to be married" before having any more kids
     22 Feb: Timothee Chalamet thinks AI is set to change the movie business
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber has found fame to be "mentally exhausting"
     22 Feb: Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Scrutiny in the Crusaders after their 50-24 Super Rugby loss to the Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Business appears to be booming in most parts of the country More...



     Today's News

    Athletics:
    A tricky decision looms for Athletics New Zealand as to which female pole vaulters they select for the world indoor championships in Poland from March 20 to 22 11:07

    Motoring:
    Nascar driver Shane van Gisbergen has advanced up the field at the latest race in Georgia 11:07

    Auckland:
    A person whose car flipped after hitting a tree in South Auckland last Tuesday - died on Thursday 10:47

    National:
    How could Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor be removed from the line of succession to the throne? 10:37

    Law and Order:
    US Secret Service agents shoot and kill man trying to break into Trump's Mar-a-Lago 10:27

    National:
    Trump hikes global tariffs to 15% as the fallout from Supreme Court loss continues 10:27

    National:
    Gaza’s cultural sites have been decimated. UNESCO’s muted response sets a dangerous precedent 10:17

    National:
    As war in Ukraine enters a 5th year, will the ‘Putin consensus’ among Russians hold? 10:07

    International:
    Andrew's arrest leaves questions for Sarah Ferguson but daughters could be protected 10:07

    Motoring:
    Long-standing safety concerns at a busy south-west Christchurch intersection, are set to be addressed 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd