News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 10:03
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Andrew could reportedly have his royal patronages restored if he wins his upcoming legal case

    The 61-year-old prince's military titles and royal patronages were returned to the Queen earlier this month, but they could be restored if he wins the civil case brought against him by Virginia Giuffre, according to an insider.


    Speaking to The Times newspaper, the source said: "I think if the Queen is still alive and his name is cleared I would say that at that point what reason would there be for him to be barred from taking part in royal duties?"

    Asked if the situation will be any different if Prince Charles is on the throne, the insider explained: "It's a different decision-maker and different people influencing him and therefore it's slightly less predictable.

    "I think his brother is a very reasonable and intelligent person and I'm sure he will do what's right for the royal family and for the country."

    Buckingham Palace recently confirmed that Andrew's royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

    It was also announced that he will "continue not to undertake any public duties".

    A statement explained: "With the Queen's approval and agreement, the Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

    "The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."

    The decision was taken after a judge confirmed that Andrew will face a civil case in the US over allegations he sexually assaulted Giuffre when she was 17.

    Giuffre filed a civil suit against Andrew on August 9, 2021, using a New York state law that allows survivors of childhood sexual abuse to sue, regardless of whether the alleged crimes took place outside the statute of limitations.

    Andrew has repeatedly denied Giuffre's allegations.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Miley Cyrus feels "very proud" of Hannah Montana
     21 Feb: Khloe Kardashian is "not involved in strategy or operations for Good American"
     21 Feb: Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical"
     21 Feb: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows
     21 Feb: Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations
     21 Feb: James and Kimberly Van Der Beek renewed their wedding vows days before the actor died
     21 Feb: Jelly Roll and wife Bunnie Xo want to have twins via a surrogate in the future
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Miley Cyrus feels "very proud" of Hannah Montana 9:47

    Law and Order:
    Armed Police were called to a street in Te Puke overnight, after a person was injured in an assault 9:26

    Entertainment:
    Khloe Kardashian is "not involved in strategy or operations for Good American" 9:17

    Entertainment:
    Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical" 8:47

    Soccer:
    Satisfaction for the Phoenix women after salvaging a point from their last game in football's A-League before the latest international break 8:36

    Entertainment:
    Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows 8:17

    International:
    Donald Trump says he's considering a limited military strike on Iran to pile on the pressure for a nuclear deal 8:16

    General:
    To the Winter Olympics in Livigno.. 8:06

    Rugby:
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics 7:56

    Law and Order:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's future uncertain under monarch willing to let 'the law take its course' 7:56


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd