News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2026 16:13
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    James Corden has been forced to film 'The Late Late Show' from home after a friend tested positive for Covid-19

    The 42-year-old comedian, who had a test himself which came back negative, explained why he took the precaution of hosting via Zoom with his team keeping a safe distance around him on Monday night's (14.09.20) show


    He told viewers: "Today I was told that I'd come into contact with someone who recently tested positive for Covid-19.

    "I've taken the test, that test has come back negative. Out of abundance of caution for everyone who works on the show, I'm going to host the show over Zoom way more than six feet apart from anyone but my face will still be here, in the studio."

    The host admitted he was gutted to have to film from home again like he did in quarantine, because he'd just started getting "into a rhythm" at the studio again.

    He added: "It's a shame, because I really feel like we were getting into a rhythm in the studio...

    "But the show must go on, and we are here and we are so happy that you're watching."

    Last month, Corden admitted it felt "odd" being back in the studio.

    The actor returned to a brand new set after 10 weeks of filming 'The Late Late Show' from his own home, and gave an update on the safety measures being taken amid the coronavirus pandemic.

    He said: "It's odd. We all get tested twice a week, we all have temperature checks, you are never not sanitising and you wear a mask all the time.

    "Most of the team [who] make the show are all working remotely on Zoom and stuff. But it does feel nice to leave the house for a second...

    "It was so isolating. Don't get me wrong - I preferred the commute to walk into my garage. But other than that, this feels way better."

    However, the talk show host acknowledged there was an "emptiness" in the new studio, with many staff members still working remotely and him having to interview guests remotely with no live audience.

    Commenting on the set redesign, he explained: "We built a studio with the safety guidelines that would [make it] the safest way to make a show in this room, with crew being far enough apart.

    "That's what we tried to do, and it was a long process of trying to get it to that point. We don't know how long it will be before guests can come and join us. We have no idea."

    Meanwhile, James also gave an update on the hugely popular 'Carpool Karaoke' segment as he admitted he's not sure if or when the skit can make a safe return.

    He added: "We haven't thought about it at all yet. I think it might have to wait.

    "Who knows how long, but we've done it like 50 times. I think it's okay to have a little break.”

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     22 Feb: Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody"
     22 Feb: Jennifer Garner's children think she is "fully cringe"
     22 Feb: The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues
     22 Feb: Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem"
     22 Feb: Brandi Glanville has finally discovered the cause of the facial disfiguration which aged her "20 years overnight"
     22 Feb: Hilary Duff has taken up crocheting because she needed to "do something" with her hands after her concerts
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested - on his 66th birthday
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    International:
    After a rare Supreme Court loss for Trump, here's his record with the bench 16:07

    Entertainment:
    Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody" 15:47

    Cricket:
    New Zealand's T20 World Cup cricket clash against Pakistan in Colombo may have been rained out...but it's still a milestone match for Daryl Mitchell 15:27

    Soccer:
    Former All Whites goalkeepers Jacob Spoonley hopes the Wellington Phoenix are supporting their glovesman Josh Oluwayemi  15:27

    Entertainment:
    Jennifer Garner's children think she is "fully cringe" 15:17

    Rugby:
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year 14:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Two people have died and another three are in a critical condition, after a two-vehicle crash on State Highway 1 in Marlborough 14:47

    Entertainment:
    The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues 14:47

    General:
    Alisa Camplin-Warner calls for more funding after historic 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics 14:17

    Entertainment:
    Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem" 14:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd