News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 14:41
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    James Corden has been forced to film 'The Late Late Show' from home after a friend tested positive for Covid-19

    The 42-year-old comedian, who had a test himself which came back negative, explained why he took the precaution of hosting via Zoom with his team keeping a safe distance around him on Monday night's (14.09.20) show


    He told viewers: "Today I was told that I'd come into contact with someone who recently tested positive for Covid-19.

    "I've taken the test, that test has come back negative. Out of abundance of caution for everyone who works on the show, I'm going to host the show over Zoom way more than six feet apart from anyone but my face will still be here, in the studio."

    The host admitted he was gutted to have to film from home again like he did in quarantine, because he'd just started getting "into a rhythm" at the studio again.

    He added: "It's a shame, because I really feel like we were getting into a rhythm in the studio...

    "But the show must go on, and we are here and we are so happy that you're watching."

    Last month, Corden admitted it felt "odd" being back in the studio.

    The actor returned to a brand new set after 10 weeks of filming 'The Late Late Show' from his own home, and gave an update on the safety measures being taken amid the coronavirus pandemic.

    He said: "It's odd. We all get tested twice a week, we all have temperature checks, you are never not sanitising and you wear a mask all the time.

    "Most of the team [who] make the show are all working remotely on Zoom and stuff. But it does feel nice to leave the house for a second...

    "It was so isolating. Don't get me wrong - I preferred the commute to walk into my garage. But other than that, this feels way better."

    However, the talk show host acknowledged there was an "emptiness" in the new studio, with many staff members still working remotely and him having to interview guests remotely with no live audience.

    Commenting on the set redesign, he explained: "We built a studio with the safety guidelines that would [make it] the safest way to make a show in this room, with crew being far enough apart.

    "That's what we tried to do, and it was a long process of trying to get it to that point. We don't know how long it will be before guests can come and join us. We have no idea."

    Meanwhile, James also gave an update on the hugely popular 'Carpool Karaoke' segment as he admitted he's not sure if or when the skit can make a safe return.

    He added: "We haven't thought about it at all yet. I think it might have to wait.

    "Who knows how long, but we've done it like 50 times. I think it's okay to have a little break.”

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Justin and Hailey Bieber find ways of "sharing responsibilities"
     17 Feb: Madison Beer refuses to be "played like a pawn" by music ex ecutives
     17 Feb: Rose Byrne is "gifted at disassociating" herself from her work
     17 Feb: Travis Kelce feels emotional about the prospect of the Kansas City Chiefs moving from their current stadium
     17 Feb: Jane Fonda lies in bed imagining what she would say to President Donald Trump
     17 Feb: Kaley Cuoco's fiancé Tom Pelphrey has never watched her hit sitcom The Big Bang Theory
     17 Feb: Jo Wood has decided to stay single for now after failing to find a suitable man on dating apps
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Irish rugby to investigate racial abuse towards Test debutant Edwin Edogbo More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    This week marks the anniversary of New Zealand's first frozen lamb shipment to the UK, 144 years ago More...



     Today's News

    Environment:
    Winter Olympics 2026: Eileen Gu medals despite blizzard, Ilia Malinin breaks his silence — day 10 quick hits 14:37

    Entertainment:
    Justin and Hailey Bieber find ways of "sharing responsibilities" 14:27

    National:
    The outrage over the Enhanced Games ignores the risks many already accept in sport 14:17

    International:
    Australian writer Murray Hunter cleared of criminal defamation by Thai court 14:17

    International:
    How to decide what type of car insurance is best for you 14:07

    Golf:
    Kiwi golfers Ryan Fox and Daniel Hillier remain inside the top 100 of the world rankings after the start-of-the-week update following the weekend's tournaments 14:07

    Entertainment:
    Madison Beer refuses to be "played like a pawn" by music ex ecutives 13:57

    Politics:
    Probes into the Teaching Council have outlined deep concerns, and found a serious need for change 13:47

    Law and Order:
    Police have uncovered a cache of drugs, after pulling over a suspicious vehicle on Auckland's Hibiscus Coast 13:27

    Entertainment:
    Rose Byrne is "gifted at disassociating" herself from her work 13:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd