News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 8:43
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    James Corden is haunted by the "horror" of being told children have been gunned down in a school shooting

    The dad-of-three presenter, 43, made the admission while urging US politicians to tighten firearms laws in the wake of the Robb Elementary School massacre on May 24, when a teen shot to death 19 children and two teachers


    Corden said: "As a father I can't imagine the horror of that phone call.

    "When I drop my kids off at school this morning and kiss them goodbye, it doesn't cross your mind that that could ever be the last goodbye.

    "The thought of that phone call - that your child is the victim in a mass shooting - is beyond comprehension as a human being.

    "I'm so deeply sad for the families of these children, the trauma of the survivors and for the future that these kids will never see.

    "I don't know what has to happen to change things here."

    The British-born comedian, who moved to LA in 2015 to host 'The Late Late Show' said America's gun laws are failing to live up to the ideals of a country he has "always admired".

    He urged: "You have a problem, you solve it. You're on the forefront of medicine, of technology, of innovation.

    "When there's a world war, you are the ones we turn to. Yet on this issue, America is one of the most backward places in the world."

    Corden stressed there have been no school shootings this year in Britain, Japan or Australia - while America has been blighted by 27 so far this year.

    He added: "Nothing will change. Gun money will continue to get in the way of morality,' he vented. 'Words of thoughts and prayers will come from our leaders, but I fear change never will.

    "I hold out hope that this country will eventually wake up and change this senseless gun culture. My heart simply goes out to every single person in Texas tonight.

    "But prayers won't end this, voting might. So when you vote, ask yourself this question:

    "Who running for office has publicly stated that they are willing to do anything and everything in their power to protect your children from the criminally insane number of guns in America?"

    The Robb Elementary attack, in the mainly Latino town of Uvalde, was the deadliest school shooting in the US since 20 children and six adults were massacred at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, in December 2012.

    Only 10 days earlier, 10 black people were shot to death in a race-hate rampage at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York.

    Father-of-four talk show host Jimmy Kimmel, 54, has also called for an overhaul of US gun laws, as have famous faces including mum-of-six Madonna, 63, and dad-of-three Matthew McConaughey, 52.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Benedict Cumberbatch is worried about the impact of social media on children
     30 Nov: Jodie Sweetin first drank alcohol at Cadance Cameron Bure's wedding when she was just 14
     30 Nov: Sir David Beckham amuses fans by recreating his "be honest" moment from his documentary
     30 Nov: Keith Urban helped a contestant reshape her song about marriage during the latest episode of his CBS/Paramount+ reality series The Road
     30 Nov: Selma Blair feels "very, very lucky" to have been in remission from Multiple Sclerosis for a "couple of years"
     30 Nov: Ethan Hawke's daughters wish he hadn't appeared in a Taylor Swift music video
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly has compared his intimate skills to those of a Formula 1 driver
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok skipper Siya Kolisi is sticking up for Eben Etzebeth , despite the big lock being sent off for eye gouging in South Africa's huge 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Benedict Cumberbatch is worried about the impact of social media on children 8:38

    International:
    Thai PM admits flood failures after trapped victims wait days for help 8:37

    International:
    Why Barbados became a republic and cut ties with the British monarchy 8:27

    Hockey:
    The New Zealand men's have lost to Belgium 5-1 in their final pool match at 2025 Sultan of Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia  8:17

    Entertainment:
    Jodie Sweetin first drank alcohol at Cadance Cameron Bure's wedding when she was just 14 8:08

    Soccer:
    Auckland United have achieved their third consecutive women's national league title with a one-nil win over Eastern Suburbs in their final in Auckland 8:07

    Motoring:
    Kiwi Formula One driver Liam Lawson will start 12th on the grid for tomorrow's Qatar Grand Prix 7:57

    Motoring:
    Chaz Mostert has kept his Supercars title hopes alive after a remarkable drive in the penultimate race of the season in Adelaide 7:47

    Entertainment:
    Sir David Beckham amuses fans by recreating his "be honest" moment from his documentary 7:38

    Rugby:
    Springbok skipper Siya Kolisi is sticking up for Eben Etzebeth , despite the big lock being sent off for eye gouging in South Africa's huge 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff 7:37


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd