News | Entertainment
7 Jul 2025 9:33
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Charlize Theron refuses to name the "scumbag" director she has accused of sexual harassment

    The 49-year-old actress previously opened up about an unnamed director she worked with early in her career, and accused him of greeting her in his pyjamas for an audition at his home, before putting "his hands on [her] knees", at which point she left.


    Reflecting on why she has never revealed the identity of the director, she told the Call Her Daddy podcast: "I don't want the story to be about him. It's not because I'm protecting him or anything."

    The Old Guard 2 star admitted the director "got nervous" after she initially opened up about the allegations on The Howard Stern Show in 2019.

    She said: "He got nervous for a little bit.

    "He heard me tell the story and he knew it was about him, and he wrote me a pretend letter trying to explain his behavior and how I must have misunderstood it, which is classic, isn't it? It's so classic.

    "I won't even f****** say your name because you know you're the scumbag. You know it's you. If anybody ever asked me about him, I would be completely honest - and he knows that.

    "I kind of like that he's got to be on a hot seat. He doesn't know when it's going to come. I kind of like that a little more."

    Charlize noted that at the time, she "didn't know what the audition process looked like", but she still had a feeling that "this isn't right".

    She recalled: "I didn't know how you went about being an actor... [my agency] said there was a casting for this movie and you'll have to go on a Saturday night.

    "It was this director's house. The little voice inside me definitely said, 'This isn't right.' But then, the other voice in me says, 'Well, I don't know. Maybe it is right.' "

    Meanwhile, Charlize Theron has insisted she instantly knew she was "never going to" be cast in the project.

    She added: "I will not let a m***f*** f*** with me any day of the week, but when somebody catches you off guard like that... I was never going to get a part that night.

    "I knew it as soon as I left. I wasn't there because I had some value that I was going to bring to his movie. I was only valued for one thing."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     07 Jul: Raye finds "toxic" people "addictive"
     07 Jul: Lily Allen "can't remember" how many abortions she's had
     07 Jul: Kesha found her sudden rise to stardom to be "terrifying"
     07 Jul: AJ McLean and his estranged wife Rochelle have been "going out on dates here and there"
     07 Jul: Miley Cyrus says receiving a Hollywood Walk of Fame star "feels like a dream"
     07 Jul: Julie Bowen expected to be replaced by a "younger woman" in Happy Gilmore 2
     07 Jul: Soccer star Diogo Jota has died in a car crash aged 28
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A fuel saving two-stop gamble has paid off for Scott Dixon More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our newsroom's revealed more than 200 people were able to enter New Zealand on work visas for defunct businesses later exposed as fronts for a network of cannabis grow houses in Auckland More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    In Australia...Jurors will resume deliberations today in the mushroom trial after a Sunday break 9:27

    Entertainment:
    Raye finds "toxic" people "addictive" 9:06

    Living & Travel:
    Investigations are ongoing, after a Queensland woman lost her arm in a lion attack, at a local zoo 8:57

    Entertainment:
    Lily Allen "can't remember" how many abortions she's had 8:36

    Motoring:
    A fuel saving two-stop gamble has paid off for Scott Dixon 8:27

    Motorsports:
    To the latest Indy Car race in Ohio 8:07

    Entertainment:
    Kesha found her sudden rise to stardom to be "terrifying" 8:06

    Politics:
    A law expert says the court system is fixed by understanding facts - not mandatory sentences  7:57

    Education:
    Belief limited education pathways are contributing to a rise in unenrolled students 7:37

    Entertainment:
    AJ McLean and his estranged wife Rochelle have been "going out on dates here and there" 7:36


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd