News | Entertainment
27 Jan 2021 22:03
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Days of Xmas
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    David Beckham is reportedly earning more from playing in a soccer video game than he ever did during his career

    The 45-year-old star - who retired from the sport in 2013 - has signed a £40 million, three-year deal to appear as an 'icon' player in the 'FIFA 21' video game


    A source told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: "'FIFA' makers EA Sports offered him £30 million over three years but he managed to get a better deal.

    "It is a big addition to the Beckham brand and the easiest money he's ever made."

    Inter Miami - the Beckham-owned team that recently joined Major League Soccer in the US - also features in the long-running franchise.

    The former England captain - who played for the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid during his career - took to Instagram earlier this month to promote the new game.

    He said on the photo-sharing platform: "23 years later… so proud to be back on the cover @easportsfifa #FIFA21 (sic)"

    The sports icon - who has Brooklyn, 21, Romeo, 18, Cruz, 15, and Harper, nine, with wife Victoria - also hopes the move will boost his standing in the eyes of his kids.

    In another post, he joked: "FIFA21... Can’t wait to see myself back on the pitch playing with some of my old team mates! Maybe @romeobeckham and @cruzbeckham will think I am a cool dad now [laughing emoji] @easportsfifa #FIFA21 (sic)"

    Despite his fame and success, Beckham previously insisted that soccer was always his number-one priority throughout his career.

    He said: "My bread and butter was always what I did on the field and the reason I was successful off the field is because of what I did on the field.

    "Back in the day it wasn’t normal to do a shoot with David LaChapelle. It wasn’t the thing for sportsmen. But I knew that as long as things off the field didn’t affect my performance, I could continue to do that."

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     27 Jan: Gary Barlow always “struggled” with Take That’s hunky image
     27 Jan: Adele and Simon Konecki used mediators to settle their divorce
     27 Jan: Lily Collins and Charlie McDowell have set a date for their wedding
     27 Jan: Anne Hathaway appreciates her husband in a “new way” now
     27 Jan: Katie Price and Carl Woods want two children together
     27 Jan: Christina Ricci’s estranged husband James Heerdegen has filed for a restraining order against her, just days after she was granted one against him
     27 Jan: Kelly Clarkson’s daughter thinks every woman in the world is pregnant
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Crusaders have lost their back-up to Codie Taylor for the upcoming Super Rugby season More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    New Zealanders are being reminded Rarotonga is part of our realm More...



     Today's News

    Politics:
    Countdown's been told the possible case did NOT visit their Orewa store 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Gary Barlow always “struggled” with Take That’s hunky image 21:30

    Health & Safety:
    Auckland's Orewa Countdown is closed for deep-cleaning -- after one of the two possible new Covid community cases visited the store 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Adele and Simon Konecki used mediators to settle their divorce 21:00

    Entertainment:
    Lily Collins and Charlie McDowell have set a date for their wedding 20:30

    Entertainment:
    Anne Hathaway appreciates her husband in a “new way” now 20:00

    Entertainment:
    Katie Price and Carl Woods want two children together 19:30

    Entertainment:
    Christina Ricci’s estranged husband James Heerdegen has filed for a restraining order against her, just days after she was granted one against him 19:00

    Business:
    New Zealanders are being reminded Rarotonga is part of our realm 18:57

    Law and Order:
    A gas-fitter whose negligence led to the death of a12-year-old, must pay his family 70 thousand dollars 18:37


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd